Welcome

Strobistonline is a blog showcasing work by some of the Worlds & UK's top strobist professional photographers.

Please remember all images and content are copyright of the photographers & strobistonline.


Sunday 7 October 2012

Saltburn's Biggest Storm Hits Wedding Couple

Saltburn's been hit with its biggest storm to date during a wedding couples happy day. The stunned couple looked on as chaos rained around them.
A local farmer was heard saying "there goes my daisy"

Tidal We Part

This is a shot done at a wedding from 2 weeks ago I was booked by the couple Mr & Mrs Buckley to do their wedding. During the consultation they asked to have some shots done on Saltburn Pier Saltburn by the sea. Then the ideas started to flow I thought what a great opportunity to create something a little different something other local wedding photographers can't do something original that would allow me to show off a little.

The idea was born lets stick the happy couple in the middle of a natural disaster with twisters, tidal waves and all sorts of chaos. I also wanted to include as many of the local landmarks and attractions as possible yeah cool idea.

Tidal We Part

Then reality kicked in, its not that I could not pull this shot off I have done his kind of work many times before for my commercial clients. The hard part was getting my head round how to put the idea together how to get the idea from a thought to visual image.

The shot started as 2 photographs from the wedding day the Bride and Groom and the other shot being Saltburn Pier. Everything else in the shot was then drawn in by me during post production. So from concept to finished shot all work was done by me.

Well as you can see from the 90% finished work I nailed it the original Tiff file is over 720megs with over 70 plus composite lays to make up this image and just over 21hrs work.

End result what the happy couple wanted a shot that was original, a shot that's not been done before.

Tidal We Part

Cha Ching !
Posted On Location - Digital Dennis / GrimLight / Strobistonline / Tweet @digitaldennis

No comments: